New book alert! 50 for Your Future: Lessons from Down the Road by Tavis Smiley is full of inspiration in the form of quotes followed by a (very) short story explaining the concept in more detail. You can think of it like a short devotional, packed with tips and wisdom that you can and should learn and re-read as a reminder. Reinforcement is key! Here is my favorite quote from the book:
You have the right to remain silent. Exercise it Sometimes.
The author goes on to explain (my thoughts in green):
- Sometimes the best thing you can do is just keep quit. I like to call this staying in your lane until and unless someone invites you into theirs. Even then, proceed with caution!
- People often assume there is something implicit in what you leave unsaid – and that can be very powerful. In other words, you don’t always have to say something, to say something!
There are a few others I absolutely love as well
- #24 -Fall in love with the possibility of you.
- #28 – Some of you is not the sum of you.
- #30 – Today is not refundable.
- #50 – You decide. <== #THIS 🙌🏽✅