I’m going to make this short and sweet. Let’s start with a couple of facts:
- Bloomingdale’s is having a Friends & Family Sale, 25% off.
- I prefer to shop online at Nordstrom.
The strategy I will explain below only works if Nordstrom and Bloomingdale’s have the exact same product available at time of purchase (includes sizes, colors, etc.).
Here’s how it works:
- Find an item you want to purchase (DUH!).
- Add the item to your cart on Bloomingdale’s website and apply the promotion code to be sure it’s applicable.
- Purchase the item from Nordstrom online and note your order #.
- Call Nordstrom customer service, give them your order # and ask for a price match. Tell them the competitor and promotion code you used.
- The customer service rep will confirm the promotion on the competitor’s website.
- Your order total will be adjusted/reduced.
- Wait for your credit to appear on your statement (usually 2-3 business days).
So what does this mean? When it’s Friends & Family at Bloomingdale’s or Macy’s or Lord & Taylor or Dillard’s, it’s also Friends & Family at Nordstrom! Use this approach with ALL competitors, large and small! #shoppingqueen #winning #thatisall