I love the first day of every week, every month, every quarter and certainly every new year! It’s a time I associate with “New Beginnings.” A chance to hit the reset button, to start all over again, to get it right, whatever ‘it’ means for you. You can leave yesterday’s mistakes, troubles, issues, problems and yes even successes behind and focus on the future – what you want it to look like, how you will get there, who you will take with you and what you will leave behind! Oddly enough this month, the theme of “New Beginnings” is resonating with me during the middle of a month, which is not my usual “routine”.
I honestly have no idea why I’m writing this or who it’s for – it could very well be just for me. As I reflect on the song linked above, I am reminded that every day presents a chance, an opportunity for new beginnings. We can change our path, our trajectory, the way we think, what we think about and sometimes even the outcome of most things in our life by making a simple decision to “start all over again“. The decision we make is that today will be a new beginning for me, for my family, for my community, for my work environment, for my relationships, for my church, for my sorority, or for whom/whatever I choose! As the song says, this is,
my future, my blessing, my promise, my reward
So yes, you can start all over again! No matter where you are, where you stopped, what direction you were going in, what you have been through, or whether you have completed the task or not! We can all chose to have a new beginning every day.
Here are a few quotes to inspire you to start your very own new beginning and to think about what a new beginning looks like and means for you. Quotes are courtesy of Iyanla Vanzant. Pick one that resonates with you the most today (tomorrow’s answer maybe different) and use that as an anchor for your new beginning. I highlighted a few in green that stood out for me.
- “When we start the day with a spirit of joy, openness, peace and love, we put the universe on alert, we want more of the same.”
- “No matter what is going on in your life today, remember, it is only preparation for better things.”
- “Do not allow yesterday’s garbage to influence your experience today. It is unnecessary to punish yourself for being human.”
- “Forgiveness fosters growth, learning, and healing.”
- “What you tell yourself about yourself, about your life, about your limitations, you will believe.”
- “Each day, focus your attention on what you want. Each day, take one step that will bring you closer to it.”
- “Your life is a reflection of what you believe. If you really believe something can stop you, it will.”
- “All things are possible! The key is to identify what you want, claim it for yourself, and believe that you are worthy to have it.”
- “Give of yourself, your knowledge and the information you have received, then prepare yourself for an outpouring of blessing.”
- “Just do what you do and do it well. Stop worrying about what other people are doing, or what they will say about what you are doing.”
- “Be aware of how you treat yourself, because you set the standard for others.”
- “You are powerful. Stand up in your power! Embrace your power! Serve the world by bringing your power into your life.”
- “You have a right to say no…Your ‘no’ muscle has to be built up to get to a place where you can say, ‘I don’t care if that’s what you want. I don’t want that. No.’ “
- “The process of life is ever guiding you, pushing you, preparing you for the next part of the process.”
- “You know how to make it through the ups and downs, the good times and the hard times. You have done it before. You will do it again!”
XoXo 💞 BriAlys